Add a location to a distribution list
Note: The location function is only available if your company has enabled the Whispir Maps module.
You can assign a physical location (geocode) to a static or dynamic distribution list to pin the list to a Whispir map. You add the location while either creating a new distribution list or editing an existing one. When users have the map open (Workspace menu > Messages > Show Map) they can locate the list and then create a new message using it.
Tip! To use this setting effectively ensure that all the contacts on the distribution list are actually based in the location you select.
- Ensure that the required workspace is on the Workspace toolbar.
- Hover over the workspace to view the Workspace menu.
- Under Contact Management click either:
- New Distribution List to open the New Distribution List page, or
- Distribution Lists to open the Distribution List page and then click Edit beside the relevant list to open the Edit Distribution List page.
The Location Picker dialog opens, showing an interactive map.
- Click the Show Search Panel icon to open the search panel.
- In the Search Map field enter the address you want to assign to the distribution list
- Click Search.
- Select the relevant address in the search results.
The map zooms to the location and a pin icon identifies the exact location.
- Click Save.
The map closes and the assigned location is now listed on the distribution list.
Note: To remove a location click Remove beside the location.