Approve pending distribution list subscription requests
Active contacts can use their company’s Whispir contact portal to subscribe to distribution lists. Some distribution lists (ones that have been set up with the ‘By Approval’ access type) can’t be subscribed to without going through an approval process. Pending subscription requests from active contacts appear on the Contact Management Log Details page in Whispir. You need to either approve or reject these pending requests.
For more information about the ‘Access Type for Subscription’ setting see Create a static distribution list.
- Ensure that the required workspace is on the Workspace toolbar.
- Hover over the workspace to view the Workspace menu.
- Under Contact Management click Contact Subscriptions. (If you can’t see it, click More to view more commands.)
The Contact Management Log Details page opens. By default it displays entries for the last 7 days.
- To change the date range click and enter the required From and To dates and click Search.
- To approve a single request click Approve beside it.
The request is approved and disappears from the page.
- To reject a single request:
- Click Reject beside it.
- Click OK in the message to confirm your action.
The request is rejected and disappears from the page.
- To approve or reject multiple requests select the check box beside the requests and click either Approve or Reject at the bottom of the list.
When a request is approved, in the contact portal the active contact sees a tick beside the distribution list on their Subscriptions page, indicating that they’re now on that distribution list.