Enable password policy
Role: Company Administrator
The Password Policy setting enables you to turn on or off password strength rules that are applied to all users and active contacts.
The rules state that the password must have:
- A minimum of 8 characters
- Both upper and lower case characters
- At least one alphabetic character
- At least one numeric character.
Once you enable the password policy, users and active contacts will only notice the change when they change their password or are required to as part of the 'Send me my login details' process. If they attempt to save a password that doesn’t meet the password strength criteria a message appears listing the errors.
- Open the Company Settings page (click > Administration sidebar > Company Settings).
- In the Settings pane on the left expand General and click Password Policy.
- In the Password Policy section select the Enabled check box.
- Read the information about the password restrictions that will be applied.
- Click Save.