Configure browser settings
Role: Company Administrator and users
Whispir recommends always updating to the latest version of your preferred internet browser. Newer versions include features and advanced functionality not supported by older browsers and will enhance your browsing experience.
If your company doesn't allow upgrading to a browser’s latest version, it’s possible to set a company-wide default browser setting to run a legacy version of Whispir. This version of Whispir is optimised to allow key functionality to run faster on older browsers, but it won’t provide the same interactive experience of the ‘Realtime’ version of Whispir.
Browser settings can be configured at both the company level and user level:
- Company administrators can configure which version of Whispir is the company default.
- Users can customise their own browser settings, opting to follow the company default or setting their own preference.
Note: You won’t see the changes until you log out and log back in to Whispir.
Update company default browser settings (company administrators only)
- Open the Company Settings page (click > Administration sidebar > Company Settings).
- In the Settings pane on the left expand General and click Browser Settings.
- Select the preferred version of Whispir to use for legacy and modern browsers in each field.
- Click Save.
Update personal browser settings (any user)
- Log in and navigate to User Profile on the User Options toolbar.
- Click My Settings.
- In the Browser Settings section select the preferred version of Whispir to use for legacy and modern browsers in each field.
- Click Save.